Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 July 2011

facebook in the forest

 

I turn on my Windows face
Before I roll up the blind.
I am a total Disgrace
Self-loathing of the worst kind.

I log in to Grace’s book
Wondering where she’s gone.
That girl is such a sook
Ever since she was re-born.

Oh, facebook, they say you’re haunting.
And Evil, like a loaded gun.
But it’s who’s doin’ the pointing
That’s ignoring the Fun.

Looking for a friend, the girl is never there.
Commenting Greg Likes this, all by rote.
Legs so sore, Wish I’d bought a Chair.
I’ll lie down, all wrapped up in my Winter coat.

Asleep in the forest, there’s not much sound.
I’m not disturbed anyway coz I’m trying to think
Where’s she gone? Why didn’t she show?
Hope she’s ok. I try to watch Bill blink.

Bill came with me and we communed by the fire.
‘Roos thumped through in the morning.
Off to Chambers Creek. Bill & I are both with Desire.
For a thirsty drink. We’re both in mourning.

Black clothes and faces to match.
The fire is our only Hope.
What’s our future like?
Depression or elope.

We both like the same girl. Eloise is her name.
She nursed me after the War. But now I’m ashamed.
I havnt been honest with her brother Shane.
He watched me with Bill one night. Who’s to blame?

No-one I realise. It’s all just love between kid.
One shrouded in a War with Japan.
The other with my nurse. What’s the bid?
How can I execute my plan?

For me, I can’t find even find my Wall in the forest that is facebook.
So I return each night, shivering in the cold.
Like Blackwood trees swaying in the breeze, the girl’s nowhere I can look.
Again and again and again and again………I wait and grow old.

The End (Unfriend)

No comments:

Post a Comment