Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 July 2011

In Your Uterus

I’m on the Inside looking Out
I’m on the inside Seeking Out.
Lookin’ at the trees and the autumn leaves.
Playin’ make believe that’s all I can see.

I’m on the inside looking out,
Here from my prison
The Winter trees, I make believe.

No-one seems to understand
I’m Already Dead, I Fell on my head.

I’m in a Detention Centre lookin’ out
I’m in detention looking out
Summer Days, always the haze
Outside my window, I’m confused what’ll I do?

I’m in Iraq, Looking Out
Under attack, Looking Out
Now a refugee, please help me.

Please….please….please…I plead.

I’m in my bedroom peeking out.
I’m in my bedroom peeking out.
Looking for the stranger
I’m not he, you could be.

I’m tryin’ to get my life in Order
Can’t stand this disorder, in the World.

All the prisoners under Guard
All the refo’s under Guard
All the people Speakin Up
All those prisoners speaking up.

So why don’t I Get On Up!!

Get Up! Wake Up!  Before it’s too late.

I’m in my cot, looking up.
A Winter baby looking up
Safe in my cot. Warm not hungry
My blood won’t clot in my cot.

Rock-a-bye-baby, Bye-bye baby.
Reversing up the birth canal I float.
Into Mummy’s uterus I float.
In floating waters, I don’t need to breathe.
Ma tube in me belly feeds me jelly.
Just float and swim around the egg.
Split me up where to now?
Back to a prison somewhere I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the rhythm in this piece...it is politically moving and intriguing. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Write Girl. My first comment!! In Australia at the moment we have a great political opportunity to treat Asylum seekers with compassion and understanding - that's where that part came from. Thanks for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete